Part of our Hull Independent Producer Initiative (HIPI), the dance exchange programme is specifically aimed at emerging dancers aged 16+, whom may be students, recent graduates or emerging practitioners living and working in Hull or East Riding. Through a series of trips and networking events, the programme seeks to:
- Grow confidence and aspirations
- Support dancers to make national connections
- Contribute to a thriving dance community in the city
- Stimulate professional practice through the sharing of skills and opportunities in the city and beyond
Our aims are to highlight to dancers living in the area what opportunities are available locally and nationwide. We also hope this inspires participants and builds a sense of aspiration to equip them with the knowledge of what can be achieved in our own city through building creative networks and working collectively.
Throughout the programme, running Oct – Dec 2019, participants will visit three cities across the North of England on a series of structured trips where they will learn about companies and venues, meet professionals and local dancers in the region, take part in talks / workshops and see performances or rehearsals. In addition, there will be a Hull-based Dance Sector Gathering which will include discussions and networking opportunities with the above professionals, plus others from key institutions locally and across the UK.
- Deadline for applications – Sunday 29 September, midnight
- Successful participants contacted – w/c Monday 1 October
- Trip to Leeds, Friday 25 Oct, all day*
- Trip to York – Friday 15 Nov, half day*
- Trip to Newcastle – Saturday 30 Nov, all day*
- Dance Sector Gathering in Hull – Friday 6 Dec, time TBC
Applications are now closed. Successful applicants will be notified week commencing Monday 1 October 2019.
HIPI is an Absolutely Cultured project, funded by Arts Council England, Hull City Council Arts Development and Back To Ours, with support from Hull Truck Theatre.