Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Absolutely Cultured Limited. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this policy the following words have the following meanings:
‘Absolutely Cultured, we, us’ means Absolutely Cultured Limited, a company limited by guarantee registered in England with number 09106231 whose registered office is 64-65 Humber Street, Hull, HU1 1TU.
‘Site’ means the website accessed via www.absolutelycultured.co.uk.
Absolutely Cultured is a Data Controller, registered number ZB101712. All information collected will be used lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR).
Absolutely Cultured takes its responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation very seriously and uses its reasonable endeavours to process your data in accordance with its provisions.
As well as a legal requirement, this is an important customer service issue. If at any time you believe we have contacted you inappropriately, please let us know.
What information do we gather and track, and what do we do with it?
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we use ‘cookies’ to store certain types of information each time you interact with us. Cookies enable our system to recognise your computer and allow us to see how you use our Site. For example, we track the areas of our Site you visit to see what interests you, and which sites you accessed our Site from and leave our site to visit next.
For more information on how to control your cookie settings and browser settings, or how to delete cookies on your hard drive, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
Information gathered on registration
In certain parts of the website, viewers are able to register to gain more information. Our registration forms request that you give us certain information which personally identifies you should you wish to receive email updates, and/or activities and/or express an interest in volunteering.
From time to time, we will also collect medical / emergency contact information for those relevant events and activities.
If you register to join our email lists we will use the information that you provide to us to notify you of topics you have subscribed to receive under the ‘Legitimate Interest’ basis of GDPR as well as the ‘Soft Opt-In’ basis of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
Sharing data with third parties
We will not provide any of the personal information you give to us to any third party without your consent.
If you have given us your consent to use your data for marketing purposes you may later withdraw it by using the ‘Manage Your Preferences / Account’ link in the footer of all our email marketing correspondence.
International transfer of information
All your personal information is sent to us via the Internet. Because the Internet infrastructure is global and it is not possible to predict the routes that information sent over the Internet will take, the information you provide may be transferred temporarily via a route which takes it outside the European Economic Area as it passes between you and us.
In addition, any of the personal information which you sent to us may be transmitted by us from one computer under our control to another such computer. Where your data is transmitted in this way we cannot guarantee the route that it takes and it may be sent outside the European Economic Area.
Sale or transfer of business and / or business activities
In the event that we agree to transfer all or any part of our business to a third party, we may transfer any of your personal information that we hold to that third party.
In doing so, we may disclose your private information to any member of our group of companies from time-to-time (i.e. any subsidiary, holding company or subsidiary of such holding company, as such terms are defined in Section 736 of the Companies Act 1985 and any company in common ownership with us), as well as any statutory or charitable body that may be established in connection with Absolutely Cultured.
Apart from the purposes described above, we shall only use the private information that you provide to us for the purposes described at the point of collection or for the purposes that are otherwise legally permitted.
You may later withdraw consent for Absolutely Cultured and said third party to use your data for marketing purposes by using the ‘Manage Your Preferences / Account’ link in the footer of all our email marketing correspondence.
Deleting data held about you
It is our policy not to hold personal data about you for any longer than is necessary to enable processing for the purposes for which that the personal data was obtained.
Absolutely Cultured is committed to the security of users’ personal information and we have security procedures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally.
Links to third party sites
Our site contains links to other sites. Absolutely Cultured is not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content of those websites. If you have followed a link from our Site to another website, you may then be supplying data directly to a third party yourself.
Changes to your personal information
Contained within the footer of all our email correspondence is a ‘Manage Your Preferences / Account’ link. You can use this to update your details at any time.
Where can I request a copy of the personal information held about me by Absolutely Cultured?
Please contact Absolutely Cultured on email@example.com
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information from you when you sign up to our newsletter, donate online or in person or sign up to one of our programmes. This personal information may include but is not limited to the following information about you:
- your name (including your first name(s) and surname);
- your email address;
- your address including postcode;
- your phone number;
- your date of birth;
- We may also ask for or collect some non-personal information from you. Your personal information will only be used by us to:
- process your donation.
- respond to your requests or comments.
- provide you with information relating to Absolutely Cultured, the website or our services, or that we feel may be of interest to you.
- maintain our organisational records.
How we will use your information
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, to enter or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our website.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymised form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at 64-65 Humber Street, Hull, HU1 1TU.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk