In early 2020, Absolutely Cultured began to host a Producer Programme for producers and self-producing artists from Hull and East Riding, comprising of two separate opportunities:
- A four-day producer training course with Sarah Sansom;
- Producer exchange trips to Bradford and Derby.
Due to regulations introduced because of COVID-19, these activities took place as digital workshops.
What is the HIPI Producer Programme?
This producer programme was specifically aimed at producers or self-producing artists based in Hull working in either theatre or dance. The aims of the programme were to:
- Provide producers with new skills and experiences, having identified a need for this in the city due to gaps in formal training;
- Grow confidence and aspirations;
- Contribute to a thriving theatre and dance community in the city;
- Stimulate professional practice through the sharing of skills and opportunities in the city and beyond.