Chatty Hull is an exciting new, citywide initiative led by Absolutely Cultured which has one simple aim – to get the people of Hull talking. Listening to residents’ feedback during projects across the city, volunteers from Absolutely Cultured recognised that there was a clear theme emerging – people wanted to get to know their neighbours.
In addition to that desire to get to know people better, it is well established that social interactions help to build stronger, well-connected communities, creating bonds that can transform neighbourhoods and, in some cases, lives by helping to combat loneliness, isolation and depression.
In response to this, the volunteer team at Absolutely Cultured, working with partner organisations including The Hull We Want, Back to Ours, Believe in Hull, Hull City Council and the Police and Crime Commissioner, are driving forward Chatty Hull and the invite is extended to everyone across the city to get involved. Chatty Hull will culminate in a number of events across the city on Saturday 28 September to bring the project to life, including 100 volunteers taking to 100 seats across the city ready to get chatting!
How to host an event:
- Download the free Chatty Hull pack to host or get involved in an event;
- Share what you are doing – on social media and email us at email@example.com.
How else to get involved:
- Like @ChattyHull on Facebook and request to join our group to be part of the conversation online;
- Follow @Chatty_Hull on Twitter and Instagram for updates about what’s going on;
- Use the #ChattyHull hashtag and share your photos online.
Small acts of kindness ideas:
- Pay it forward in a café or coffee shop and purchase a drink for someone;
- Take your neighbour’s bin out;
- Bake a cake for next door;
- Talk to people at the bus stop;
- Check in on an elderly neighbour;
- Get together with families on your street.