Absolutely Cultured and the British Council are launching an international mobility bursary for Hull-based emerging cultural leaders. These small bursaries are available to enable an international opportunity that will support professional development for emerging cultural leaders working in arts, education and civil society (including third sector, charities and community-based organisations). International opportunities may include attending conferences, workshops, networking events or short residencies overseas.
Conditions of bursary
- Applicants must be living and working in Hull.
- Applicants should have 2-5 years’ experience of working in the cultural sector and have some experience of initiating and/or managing projects or people. Applications from emerging leaders working with communities in Hull are particularly encouraged.
- Applicants do not need to be affiliated with an organisation to apply.
- Their application must make a clear case for the benefit the activity will make towards their own professional development.
- The activity must take place between December 2019 and April 2020.
- Each bursary will be up to a maximum of £1,000, the full costs of which must be broken down and evidenced in the application form.
- Applications and the activity can only be carried out by individuals.
- Each applicant must provide details of a reference – someone in the sector who they have worked with in the past who is happy to discuss their application, their previous experience and professional development needs.
- There are no geographical restrictions on travel, but applications must be to support international mobility. Applications for national travel will not be considered.
- Bursaries can be used to supplement or enhance existing travel plans
- Successful applicants will be required to produce a short report (video, photographs, blogs welcome) after their visit.
For more information about this opportunity, please join us on Tuesday 24 September, 5.30pm – 7.30pm at Humber St Gallery. Here, you’ll get to hear from the British Council, Absolutely Cultured and ask questions about this bursary scheme.
To apply for this bursary, please send the completed application form to email@example.com by 5pm by Friday 18 October. Successful applicants will be notified w/c 28 October and we will aim to delivery bursary funds within 6 weeks.