Dance Exchange Hull is an opportunity for Hull-based artists, performers, professionals and dance organisations to come together to showcase the variety and abundance of dance in the city. It’s a chance to talk about your work with the rest of the dance community in Yorkshire and the North East of England and discover any opportunities for networking, finding collaborators and gaining advice.
Reasons for taking part in the Dance Exchange Hull
- Celebrating the vibrant dance scene in Hull and showcasing your work within it.
- Meeting and chatting with other dance professionals and exchanging ideas.
- Expanding and developing your work.
- Finding and offering opportunities for development and touring.
- Finding new collaborators.
What are the Showcase Tables?
Showcase Tables are a great way of meeting loads of different people from the dance industry including:
- Dance Agencies
- Dance Artists
- Theatre Makers interested in dance
- Dance Teachers
- Young Dancers and Parents
The Showcase Tables can be used in a variety of ways: to showcase the work that you or your organisation is doing, exchange ideas about the future of your work, discovering people working in a similar way to you and learning from each other, and finding potential collaborators. We invite you to bring flyers, posters and laptops for showing work. Be as creative as you like to use this opportunity to your advantage!
Please note that spaces for these tables are limited.
Let us know
Let us know you’d like to be part of Dance Exchange Hull by having your own Showcase Table couldn’t be easier. Just get in touch with the following:
- Who you are – let us know the names of the people who are coming, the sort of work you do and the type of professional you are (e.g. Jo Smith, an independent contemporary dance artist from Hull working in schools)
- What you’d like to talk about – tell us about what you want to talk about and what sorts of people you’d like to connect with.
- What you will bring and what you need from us – if you’d like us to provide any equipment to help you showcase your work. Limited availability.
Please RSVP to let us know that you would like to be part of Showcase Tables at Dance Exchange Hull by midnight Sunday 24th November.
You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or giving the office a call on 01482 318 912.
We will be in touch to confirm all the details and any equipment you need by Tuesday 26th November.